Univar expands Stevia sales following EU approval
- Categories: Univar Europe News, Products, Industry, Customers news, Corporate
- 30 November 2011
Univar signed a deal yesterday for a pan-European cooperation with WILD which will see Univar extend the offering of the highly sought after ingredients to customers throughout its European network.
“Stevia has been highly successful in the
Wild Sunwin Stevia™ Reb A powder blends are calorie-free, of natural origin, high-intensity sweeteners extracted from the leaves of the Stevia rebaudiana plant. When naturally purified, the sweeteners are 200 to 300 times sweeter than sugar and provide an ideal solution for the rise in demand for low-sugar food alternatives. Since there are negligible effects on blood glucose, the powder blends are attractive as natural sweeteners for people on carbohydrate-controlled diets, such as diabetics.
“The partnership with
Univar is one of the world’s leading distributors of industrial and specialty chemicals.
Operating from 56 distribution facilities in 25 countries across Europe, the Middle East and
Univar will be at stand 3C25 at Food Ingredients Europe 2011 in Paris Nord Villepinte, France, from 29 November to 1 December 2011.
For further information please contact:
Director - Communications,
T +32 (0) 2 525 05 63
F +32 (0) 2 520 17 51
M +32 (0) 478 251 588
Senior Account Manager, CitySavvy PR
T: + 44 (0) 207 395 1000
M: + 44 (0) 7825 66 3000
Archived News from November 2011
- Univar showcasing unique application development capabilities at Food Ingredients Europe 2011
- 16 November 2011
- Univar to distribute MTE’s molecular sieves in Italy
- 21 November 2011
- Univar adds Switzerland to distribution agreement with Dow Corning Europe SA for Coatings
- 22 November 2011
- Univar expands Innophos distribution agreement in Turkey
- 30 November 2011